The Complaint alleges, that defendants throughout the Class Period made false and/or misleading statements and/or failed to disclose that:
- Disney+ was suffering decelerating subscriber growth, losses, and cost overruns;
- the true costs incurred in connection with Disney+ had been concealed by Disney executives by debuting certain content intended for Disney+ initially on Disney’s legacy distribution channels and then making the shows available on Disney thereafter to improperly shift costs out of the Disney+ segment;
- Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution (“DMED”) had made platform distribution decisions based not on consumer preference, consumer behavior, or the desire to maximize the size of the audience for the content as represented, but based on the desire to hide the full costs of building Disney+ ‘s content library;
- Disney was not on track to achieve even the reduced 2024 Disney paid global subscriber and profitability targets, such targets were not achievable, and such estimates lacked a reasonable basis; and
- defendants had materially misrepresented the actual performance of Disney+, the sustainability of Disney+’s historical growth trends, the profitability of Disney+, and the likelihood that Disney could achieve its 2024 Disney+ subscriber and profitability targets.
No Class Has Been Certified. Until a class is certified, you are not represented by counsel unless you retain one. You may select counsel of your choice. You may also remain an absent class member and do nothing at this point. An investor’s ability to share in any potential future recovery is not dependent upon serving as lead plaintiff.
Attorney Advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.