According to the lawsuit, defendants throughout the Class Period made false and/or misleading statements and/or failed to disclose that:
- Facebook misrepresented its user growth;
- Facebook knew, or should have known, that duplicate accounts represented a greater portion of its growth than stated, and it should have provided more detailed disclosures as to the implication of duplicate accounts to Facebook’s user base and growth;
- Facebook did not provide a fair platform for speech, and regularly protected high profile users via its Cross Check/XCheck system;
- despite being aware of their use of Facebook’s platforms, the Company failed to respond meaningfully to drug cartels, human traffickers, and violent organizations;
- Facebook has been working to attract preteens to its platform and services; and
- as a result, defendants’ public statements were materially false and misleading at all relevant times.
No Class Has Been Certified. Until a class is certified, you are not represented by counsel unless you retain one. You may select counsel of your choice. You may also remain an absent class member and do nothing at this point. An investor’s ability to share in any potential future recovery is not dependent upon serving as lead plaintiff.
Attorney Advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.