According to the lawsuit, throughout the Class Period, defendants made false and/or misleading statements and/or failed to disclose that:
- defendants overstated Eiger’s clinical and regulatory drug development expertise;
- defendants failed to properly assess, and/or ignored issues with, the design of the TOGETHER study and its ability to support the peginterferon lambda Emergency Use Authorization (“EUA”);
- there were issues with the conduct of the TOGETHER study and/or the TOGETHER study was not properly designed for the peginterferon lambda EUA in the current context of the pandemic;
- as a result, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration was unlikely to approve the submission of a peginterferon lambda EUA;
- as a result of all the foregoing, peginterferon lambda’s regulatory and commercial prospects for the treatment of COVID-19 were overstated; and
- as a result, Eiger’s public statements were materially false and misleading at all relevant times. When the true details entered the market, the lawsuit claims that investors suffered damages.
No Class Has Been Certified. Until a class is certified, you are not represented by counsel unless you retain one. You may select counsel of your choice. You may also remain an absent class member and do nothing at this point. An investor’s ability to share in any potential future recovery is not dependent upon serving as lead plaintiff.
Attorney Advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.